Summer Camp 2023
We are pleased to announce that STEM World is returning to Uppingham School for the first time since 2017.
Academically one of the leading schools in the UK, the school benefits from a state-of-the-art Science Centre, high quality sports facilities and boarding houses all situated in the heart of a beautiful English town.
Our dynamic academic leaders have created a rich variety of stimulating practical STEM workshops and excursions. Our residential team will lead an exclusive, fun packed social and sports programme, fully utilising the school’s facilities and beautiful secure grounds.
Our STEM camps provide something for everyone, with opportunities to participate in exciting hands-on practical STEM activities and space to socialise with like-minded students.
This year’s programme will be delivered within two age groupings with content tailored to these ability sets, 11 – 14 and 15 – 17; all participating students will be under 18 years of age by 31 August 2023
- STEM World will commence on Sunday 13 August with arrival and check-in after 2:00 pm
- The programme will run for two weeks ending on Friday 25 August at 4:00 pm
- Students can also attend for one week
- The programme is fully residential
- Students can also attend on a non-residential basis for two weeks or one
- We are offering ‘Early Bird’ discounts for bookings made and paid in full by midnight on 21st April 2023.
- STEM World is a fully inclusive programme of activities and excursions with no hidden costs. Compared to other fully inclusive summer camp programmes it represents great value for money.
The STEM World Summer Camp will offer:
- A wide range of STE(A)M activities themed on UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Activities will include Engineering, Robotics, Coding, Life Science, Chemistry and Environmental Science
- Development of the 4Cs: Creativity; Critical Thinking; Communication and Collaboration through team working
- A 11-14 programme and a 15-17 programme plus whole Camp activities and challenges
- A full recreation programme alongside team-based STE(A)M activity using on site facilities such as swimming pool and gymnasia plus off campus visits and entertainments
- Participants will also be able to work towards a British Science Association CREST Award