Yr 11 & Yr 12 Medical Taster Day
19th November 2017
An exclusive event with hands on training for those considering careers in medicine.
Over the course of the day, students will gain skills in diagnosis, treatment and management of medical conditions. Teaching is delivered in blended learning; with a mixture of simulated emergencies, meeting real life patients and practising examination techniques.
Sessions may include:
• Living anatomy: How structure is adapted to function with muscles, nerves, vessels and organs
• Practical skills: Using bedside tests to diagnose life-threatening conditions
• Medical examinations: Cardiovascular and Respiratory
• Diagnostics interpretation: Interpreting X-Rays and Electrocardiograms
• Medical Ethics: Useful practice for interviews
Application advice on UKCAT, BMAT and interview techniques will also be given in the form of a taught presentation and an admissions booklet to take home. All participants will have the opportunity over the course of the day, to improve their skills in medical leadership and working in clinical, multi-disciplinary teams.
The course is designed by a Faculty of hospital and community doctors and delivered by NHS physicians.
Location: Education Centre, Northwick Park Hospital Watford Road, Harrow Middlesex HA1 3UJ
Start time: 0900
End time: 1600
Please bring your own packed lunch.
Cost: £90 inc. VAT
Max Numbers: 30
[ESPRESSO_EVENTS category_slug=med-taster-yr-1112-nov-2017 title = "BOOK NOW"]