DISCOVERY SUMMER 2018
Discovery Summer offer a range of short, intensive summer courses combining learning with a great "British" experience where students can learn new skills, try new activities, discover hidden talents and enjoy new experiences
An excellent opportunity to get to know our country and to make new friends from Britain and all around the world.
Come and join us at ACS Cobham (24km from London) from 30th June – 28th July (2 or 4 weeks) to take part in the exciting programme which will include:
- Focus on conversational and core English skills
- Study skills sessions (eg note taking and active listening, evaluations sources, interpreting data)
- Weekly “Enrichment Workshops” complement other classes
- By performing and presenting in front of the whole school, you will develop confidence and gain invaluable practice in presentation skills
- Learn how to be an effective leader! Explore ideas, solve problems and develop public speaking skills. Collaborative activities include: Model UN, public speaking, product development)
STEM – Science Technology Engineering and Maths)
- Focus on practical STEM subjects through lively sessions (e.g forensic science, 3D modelling, GPS tracking systems). You will be amazed how theory comes to life in these interactive sessions
- Discover your creativity through the arts. Develop your confidence, diction and perfect your analytical skills through collaborative, fun activities (e.g 2 minute Shakespeare, portrait painting, Radio Cobham, British play reading)
Dates and Fees
Saturday 30th June – Saturday 14th July £2,750.00
Saturday 30th June – Saturday 28th July £5,500.00
Saturday 14th July – Saturday 28th July £2,750.00
Price includes all accommodation (single or twin rooms), meals and supervision (max class size 15 students). Deposit of £300 due on booking – balance to be paid 6 weeks before start of the course.
What is included:
Student folder, academic report, DS certificate and photo
Participation of English Student Hosts who join classes and activities
Full board residential accommodation
Transport and entry fees on all excursions and study visits
Varied daily programme to cater for all interests and abilities
Close supervision by our residential staff
Personal laundry for machine washable clothes
Medical and Travel Insurance (please ask for further details)
Airport transfers on published arrival/departure days for slights schedules to arrive/depart between 0900 – 1500 from/to Heathrow
Special Sports options
Trinity exam fee
Transfers for those arriving outside our free scheduled times on arrival/departure dates
Additional activities include 2 off campus excursions and a wide range of extra activities to build confidence and skills including survival skills, treasure hunts etc.
Free transfers from Heathrow are included (subject to arrival time). Individual transfers can be arranged – please contact Alison.email@example.com for further information.
Please note this course includes 22.5 hours per week English classes and is therefore not suitable for English students (please see STEM World ASEAN 2018 instead)